We’re Hiring! – Communications Specialist
BILD CALGARY REGION IS HIRING!
BILD Calgary Region (‘BILD’) is a not-for-profit organization representing the Calgary and Region building industry. The Association has a membership base that includes all facets of residential home and commercial construction, from single and multi-family builders, renovators, and residential land developers to trades, suppliers and professional companies involved in the building industry. Its vision: “To create the most livable communities in the world.”
BILD is seeking a Communications Specialist, who will be responsible for the management of BILD’s internal and external communications, marketing strategies, and membership communications.
The role reports to the Chief Executive Officer. Travel within the Calgary Region will be required, as well as attendance at some evening and weekend events.
- Maintain relationships with members of the media and industry stakeholders;
- Implement and execute an editorial calendar;
- Design, develop and execute both Internal and External communication plans to support new projects, ongoing initiatives and other communications requirements with effective planning, efficient use of various communications tools and tactics, sound execution, and measurable results;
- Supporting the BILD Calgary Region team with concise, effective, and timely communication to membership;
- Managing the Smarter Growth Initiative program;
- Oversee website design; creating and maintenance.
Additional Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Social media management and analytical reporting;
- Recording and editing of podcasts;
- Execute on the direction of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer;
- Provide communication, support and liaison services to committees and association members;
- Miscellaneous duties as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree in communications, marketing or a related field;
- Experience: 2-years of experience in either a communications or marketing related role;
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong interpersonal, human-relations attributes;
- Superior written/verbal communication and presentation delivery;
- Expertise in engaging and encouraging volunteers in order to maximize knowledgeable and financial resources;
- Intermediate understanding of various presentation Software packages would be an asset;
- Competent in graphic design;
- Self-directed, independent;
- Trustworthy and ethical.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by end of day September 23, 2019. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
We sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.