Join Our Team
BILD is seeking a Digital Content Coordinator to create and curate digital content, and support the implementation of digital best practices via websites, social media, online communications and more. The ideal candidate will research and create content for a variety of digital channels to create an engaging and exceptional user experience for a variety of audiences.
The role reports to the Communications Manager. Travel within the Calgary Region may be required, as well as attendance at some evening and weekend events (post COVID-19).
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Assist with the successful creation and delivery of websites that create an exceptional user experience for audiences and stakeholders
- Write/edit/re-write content for websites and other communications vehicles
- Work effectively with many different communication tools and content, targeting different audiences with timely, relevant, accurate, and creative content. This includes creating content for websites, social media, blogs, podcasts and video
- Create appropriate visual assets for online communication channels (e.g. banners, inline images, social posts etc.)
- Key content creator for the Smarter Growth Initiative program
- Collaborate on the creation and implementation of an editorial calendar for multiple content streams
- Support the creation of both Internal and External communication plans to projects, ongoing initiatives and other communications requirements with effective planning, efficient use of various communications tools and tactics, sound execution, and measurable results
- Work effectively with stakeholders/content experts to gather required content
- Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field;
- Experience: 2-years of experience in either a communications or marketing related role;
- Experience with web content management systems such as Word Press/Drupal
- Knowledge of SEO, web and social analytics and reporting
- Knowledge of design principles, including an understanding of user experience and best practices in online communications
- Demonstrated abilities for innovation and problem-solving
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks and competing priorities, to meet short deadlines, and maintain the high standards of quality and attention to detail
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and some understanding of Photoshop or otherdeigns/app programs
- Ability to research and learn new technologies; interest in remaining at the forefront of trends and technologies; willingness to experiment with new ideas and tools
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with knowledge of Canadian Press guidelines
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and some understanding of Photoshop or other design apps/programs
- Self-directed, enthusiastic and independent
- Interest and/or knowledge of city building, community engagement, and regional government would be considered an asset.
Note: This will be a home-based role to start as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 public health crisis as an organization, with a potential return to our physical office environment in NE Calgary in the coming months.
This position is a one-year full time contract with the potential of transition into a full-time permanent role.
How to Apply:
We sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.