HIRING – Coordinator Standing Committees
Coordinator, Standing Committees
February 1, 2018
BILD Calgary Region is a not-for-profit organization representing the Calgary and Region building industry. The Association has a membership base that includes all facets of residential home and commercial construction, from single and multi-family builders, renovators, and residential land developers to trades, suppliers and professional companies involved in some aspect of the building industry. Its vision: “To create the most liveable communities in the world.”
BILD is seeking a Coordinator of Standing Committees to fill a recently vacated position. The Committee Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of Policy & Standing Committees and the Director of Government Relations. This full-time position requires exceptional organizational skills, above average writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, the confidence and knowledge to work unsupervised and the ability to work with and inspire volunteers.
This position will provide the Manager of Policy & Standing Committees and Management staff with status reports on all activities described below or any relevant industry activities as required. This role may also include additional duties appropriate to BILD activities and events that may occur from time to time.
Coordination of Committees/Subcommittees:
- Coordinate and attend all Committee meetings as assigned including the preparation and distribution of agenda materials. Work with Committee Chairs and members to execute agenda items to ensure that issues are advanced in a timely manner.
- Communicate to Manager and other staff members all pertinent information and activities within committee structure to eliminate duplication of effort and report on Committee members’ behalf at meetings when required. Ensure that management is kept apprised of outstanding committee action items that require their attention.
- Assist the Manager in monitoring and coordinating all volunteer resources needed to support the regional growth objectives of the Government Relations (GR) Manager and GR Director.
- Assist in the completion of research required by committees or as assigned by Management.
Coordination of Issues Management:
- Establish and maintain relationships with required departments/individuals of the municipal government, other organizations, and stakeholders. Monitor City Council and Committee agendas to identify issues that may require further discussion through the Committees.
- Remain knowledgeable of the current industry and business initiatives and issues within the building industry; recommend courses of action/involvement for consideration approval by Management.
- Assist with the coordination of Committee volunteers from the membership and outside stakeholders/organizations. Ensure appropriate member representation is in attendance at Committee meetings, municipal meetings, and stakeholder events.
Additional Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Assist with the compilation of any required correspondence that needs to be conveyed to the BILD membership and ensure all correspondence is coordinated through the Communications department.
- Assist with the planning and execution of BILD events as required.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree with 2 plus years of previous Coordination/Administration experience. Some knowledge of the building industry would be considered an asset, as would a background in planning.
- Able to provide outstanding service/support to the organization’s membership and volunteers. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Exceptional Organizational Skills and demonstrated the ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet multiple ongoing deadlines. Must be detail oriented; attention to detail with tracking issues, action items, documents under review, etc. Ability to solve problems and seek guidance proactively when necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to work within the organization and with outside stakeholders/contacts.
- Strong administrative skills required. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Applications is considered to be essential for this position.
- Must be a team player that works well in a busy environment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please reference the job title in the subject line) by February 16, 2018.
We appreciate all applications however only candidates selected to interview will be contacted.