Get to Know the Chair of BILD
Meet Darryl Conroy, he is the second Chair of the BILD Calgary Region Board of Directors and the Vice President of Operations at Borger Group of Companies. Darryl has generously volunteered (voluntold) to be the first face of the ‘People of BILD’ campaign.
The ‘People of BILD’ campaign will allow industry, partners and the public to get to know the people who are building the communities where they live, work and play. The goal of the campaign is to highlight the talented, hardworking, generous, innovative, compassionate, resilient people that make up the building industry in the Calgary Region. We thought, what better way to start than with our own Board Chair.
Many of you probably know Darryl and are well aware of his love of hockey, his family, and the industry, but we’re willing to bet, there is a lot you don’t know about Mr. Conroy. In fact, we are going to share five interesting facts to help you get to know the second Chair of the BILD Calgary Region Board.
Did you know?
- Darryl started working for Borger when he was 16. He was a part-time summer student and was privileged to land a job while working alongside his father who has worked for the Borger Group of Companies for over 40 years.
- Darryl has never lived in Calgary but has always lived in the region, growing up in Airdrie and moving to an acreage south of Okotoks in 2013.
- Darryl decided to share his land in Okotoks with two horses he bought through a transaction at a local Starbucks… confused? Read more here.
- Darryl’s wife is an entrepreneur who runs a non-profit promoting empowerment and mindfulness through yoga/community events.
- Darryl and his family enjoy a trip together every time the World Juniors are in Europe. In 2008 they visited Prague, 2014 was Malmo and in 2016 the tournament was in Helsinki.
When Darryl isn’t riding horses, hanging out with his friends and family, or traveling the world he is helping create a better Calgary Region through his work with BILD and his leadership role at the Borger Group of Companies. His next big goal will be to continue to develop the industry and help discover solutions that the industry can tap into to make our communities better, particularly when it comes to affordability and choice.