A pneumonia outbreak, now known to be caused by COVID-19, was identified in Wuhan, China on December 31, 2019. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the outbreak of the virus a public health emergency and there have been a number of high profile event cancellations and postponements, including major sporting events, festivals and award programs.We understand that while Alberta Health is currently reporting a low risk in Alberta, we at BILD and all our member organizations are concerned about COVID-19. We want to ensure all our employees, volunteers and customers stay safe and do our part to minimize risk.
In light of this, BILD Calgary Region is currently reviewing our plans and business processes which may be affected by this developing public health issue, including:
- BILD employees/office plan
- Committee/Board of Directors meetings
- Member events including the BILD Awards
- Off-site Levy project
BILD staff completed a trial of various virtual processes on March 13 to ensure that the technology adequately supports all staff working remotely. Our physical offices will be closed until further notice but staff will be working remotely.
We are confident that we will be able to support the Association’s critical objectives throughout this crisis.
- In talking to a number of our members, it appears that in-person meetings of 20 people or more are not an option for the next 4-6 weeks.
- We are currently looking at which committee meetings scheduled in the next 4-6 weeks can be postponed, and which meetings we will arrange virtual meetings, using GotoMeeting.
- You will be provided an update on this no later than Monday of next week but your BILD committee representatives
Project meetings – Offsite Levies
- We are evaluating GotoMeeting as a solution for the BILD OSL meetings for the next 4 – 6 weeks.
- We are also currently working with The City to determine how they plan to handle their project meetings and will provide updates shortly.
With BILD Board approval, we are suspending all events between now and the end of April. We will continue to assess the safety of events scheduled after that, including the golf tournament, and will provide updates as they become available.
Events affected include the March Luncheon, the BILD Awards and the April BILDer Breakfast.
- BILD Awards
- We are currently working with venue partners to determine options for reschedule.
- It is our hope that we can shift the ticket and sponsorship purchases over to the new date – but will work through any refunds requested by our members.
- We will let everyone know that process once we have date options confirmed.
- March Luncheon