Public Health Emergency
The following is information on current / incoming health restrictions from the Government of Alberta.
Showhomes – Effective Sept. 20
We have received the following guidance from government regarding showhomes.
If a business does not implement the restrictions exemption program, the following restrictions apply:
- Capacity restricted to 1/3 fire code occupancy.
- Attendees must be with household members only, or 2 close contacts if they live alone.
- Masks and 2 metre physicial distancing is required.
Working from home – Effective Sept. 16
It is presently unclear whether the Restrictions Exemption Program can apply to offices and we are seeking guidance.
- Mandatory work-from-home measures are in place unless the employer has determined a physical presence is required for operational effectiveness.
- If employees are working on location, they must mask in all indoor settings, except while alone in work stations.
Restriction Exemption Program
Starting September 20, discretionary events and businesses must follow one of these 2 options:
- Implement the Restrictions Exemption Program requiring proof of vaccination or negative rapid test result to continue operating as usual, or
- Follow capacity and operating restrictions as outlined on the government website.
Businesses that implement the Restrictions Exemption Program can operate as usual if they only serve people (ages 12 and over) who have:
- proof of vaccination
- single dose accepted between September 20 and October 25 if received 2 weeks before time of service
- double doses required after October 25
- documentation of a medical exemption
- proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed)
Businesses do not need to apply for the program. Audits and enforcement will occur to ensure rules are followed.
The Restriction Exemption Program would not apply to:
- businesses or entities that need to be accessed for daily living
- employees of businesses participating in the program
- children under 12
Proof of Negative Test
To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people aged 12 and older can show proof of a negative test result.
- Tests must be privately-paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
Masking – Mandatory restriction – Effective Sept. 4 and 16
- Masking and physical distancing are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces. This measure extends to places of worship as of September 16.
- Employees must mask in all indoor work settings, except while alone in work stations.
Member Shared Resources
The following documents are examples of the safety practices our builder members have implemented to reduce the spread of COVID-19 on worksites. These are working documents and are subject to change.