BILD Calgary Region is a not-for-profit organization representing the Calgary and Region building industry. The Association has a membership base that includes all facets of residential home and commercial construction, from single and multi-family builders, renovators, and residential land developers to trades, suppliers and professional companies involved in some aspect of the building industry. Its vision: “To create the most liveable communities in the world.”
General Job Description:
The Executive and Committee Administrator reports directly to the Manager of Policy & Standing Committees and will also provide administrative support to the CEO and other Directors as required. This position is heavily reliant on exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to take initiative and work unsupervised. The successful candidate will be the key Administrative support for committees, including the Board of Directors, in the preparation and taking of minutes, maintaining extensive ongoing scheduling and keeping all related data management up to date on a daily basis.
- Work proactively in a close team environment to support all Committee activity.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our membership.
- Provide all aspects of committee administration: managing volunteer data and contacts, scheduling meetings/booking venues, minute taking/meeting record finalization, attendance tracking, catering orders, assembling documents, etc.
- Act as initial point of contact for members interested in volunteering or that are on Regional or Standing Committees. Assist in the management of incoming and outgoing Committee communications.
- Deliver executive assistant related support to the CEO as required, including full administrative duties for the Board of Directors and Executive. May be required to book travel, collaborate in organizing special events/retreats, expenses tracking, research and reporting.
- May be required to manage meetings for CEO and Management with Regional and City Councillors, Administrations and Provincial government elected. Will be required to foster and grow personal rapport with the Administrations of these public offices.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (is preferred) with three plus years of previous senior management level administrative experience. Knowledge of the building industry would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet multiple ongoing deadlines. High degree of flexibility and adaptability to ever changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills to work within the organization and with outside stakeholders/contacts.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- High Proficiency in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Outlook, is considered to be essential for this position. An aptitude to learn additional software applications as required.
- Able to work some early mornings or ev