History of BILD Calgary
BILD Calgary Region is the result of the amalgamation of Canadian Home Builders’ Association – Calgary Region and Urban Development Institute – Calgary with the goal to create a unified voice to better serve the building industry in Calgary and the region.
Member companies of both organizations voted for the amalgamation on March 7, 2016, and the organization was renamed to BILD Calgary Region, the Building Industry and Land Development Association, on January 12, 2017.
BILD Calgary Region’s Roots go back to 1946 when the original Calgary Housebuilders Association was established and in 1958 when the Urban Development Institute was formerly registered under the Societies Act of Alberta.
The association has always represented the industry in Calgary and has grown to incorporate the surrounding regions. Today, BILD Calgary Region is active in the regions of Airdrie, Cochrane, Chestermere, Rocky View County and Okotoks.
Many of our members are second and third generation, demonstrating their dedication to the City and region and to the association. Over the years our members have created invaluable impact on the Calgary Region and through hard work and dedication have helped create the city we call home.
Now, with a stronger voice, we will work to create the most livable communities in the world.
Our members are:
- Service professionals
We work closely with the elected governments and administrations of:
- High River
- Foothills County
- Rockyview County
Our focus is collaboration and smart planning to ensure prosperous, liveable neighbourhoods in both established areas and new communities.
To create the most liveable communities in the world
To be the respected voice advocating for the building industry
- Success – for our member companies and for our region.
- Integrity – All initiatives will be handled with respect, transparency and integrity.
- Volunteerism – Nurturing the most powerful attribute of the association, our volunteers.
- Relationships – Create strong relationships with members, stakeholders and partners.
- Fun – Ensure our success comes from enjoying what we do.
- Community – Building and rebuilding vibrant neighbourhoods and giving back to the community is key to who we are.