On Tuesday, May 23, 2017, BILD Calgary Region saluted our volunteers at the Volunteer Recognition and Awards Luncheon.
Volunteers are the backbone of any organization and without the help of our dedicated volunteer members we couldn’t do the valuable work that we do every day.
Our members are there wherever and whenever we need them, whether at city hall lending their expertise, organizing and planning special events for our members, promoting the industry to the general public, or supporting our many activities.
Volunteer Service Awards
This year BILD Calgary Region created a new group of awards to recognize a small number of volunteers whose service to the association has been invaluable. This group of people’s contribution of time, expertise and dedication is truly valued. BILD Calgary Region is incredibly lucky to have many volunteers that work tirelessly for the betterment of the association and the industry, which made paring down the list to only six was a difficult task.
The winners of the Volunteer Service Awards are the following:
- Nadeem Esmail – Nadeem has volunteered on the Board of Directors for CHBA – Calgary, he is a valuable asset to the SAM Awards and Economic Advisory Committee.
- Rob Brandrick – Rob has volunteered for the Water Management Committee, Stormwater Management Special Task Force, Lot Drainage Improvement Project, Water Resources Emerging Issues, the Nose Creek Partnership, and countless other endeavors.
- Mark Carrier – This past year, Mark has served as the Chair of BILD’s Airdrie Builder Committee and been invaluable by going above and beyond to lead the committee with his outreach to City of Airdrie Administration, and support for Marissa Toohey and the rest of the BILD committee.
- Joel Tiedemann – Joel is the youngest of the volunteer award recipients and works on a variety of City/Industry projects, policy reviews, City/Industry Work Plan initiatives, and the BILD Inner City Advisory Committee.
- Gillian Lawrence – Gillian has been an active member of the former UDI and later BILD Planning Committee for almost 10 years. Since 2008, Gillian has participated in a variety of reviews, initiatives, task forces and so on. Most recently she has given her expertise to the Greenline Developer Advisory Committee, the Development Adjacent to Railway Policy initiative, multiple Suburban Residential Growth Report reviews and the City/Industry Work Plan.
- Rick Gratton – Rick is an active participant with our association at the local, provincial and national level. He has been the Chair of the Provincial Residential Technical Committee, Chair of the local Technical Builder Committee, on the Building Sub-Committee of the Safety Codes Council, and the standing Committee for Housing and Small Buildings for the National Research Council, he has also been on three separate sub-committees of the National Research Council.
Exceptional Service Award
BILD Calgary Region presented a new Exceptional Service Award to Allan Klassen. Allan has gone above and beyond the call of duty for the association and BILD Calgary Region felt that no one was more deserving of this award. It has been a long and winding process to get the association up and running and when our newly elected Board of Directors met for the first time, Allan put up his hand to volunteer to be Chair. The association owes him a debt of gratitude for his service this past year, as the first year of any new organization requires extra effort and time on behalf of the Board and especially the executive.
Not only is Allan a great volunteer, but he is also an engaged booster of his community and exemplifies the values which BILD CR is built on – Success, Integrity, Volunteerism, Relationships, Fun, and Community.
Read the Calgary Herald article, ‘Klassen’s long commitment recognized by residential industry’, click here.
Below are our members who were celebrated for their milestone achievements:
- Mike Borkristl – Tricor Design Group – 39 Years
- Glenn Davies – Dannburg Floor Coverings – 29 Years
- Pat Mandryk – Dannburg Floor Coverings – 28 Years
- David Mow – Jayman Built – 29 Years
- J. (Bob) Nobes – Re/Max House of Real Estate – 35 Years
- Morley Woloschuk – Contempa Carpet Co. Ltd.
- Brad Cuthbertson – Tech-Wood Building Components Ltd.
- Dave Hooge – Stepper Homes Ltd.
- Doug Porozni – Ronmor Holdings Inc.
- Averil Trapp – CIMA Canada Inc.
- Douglas Whitney – Douglas Homes Ltd.
- Rob Heemskerk – Key Concrete Products Ltd.
- Don Larke – Hopewell Residential Management
- Dawn Lavergne – Tricor Design Group
- Jason Mauro – Brookfield Residential
- Georgina Nicholls – Stepper Homes Ltd.
- Arnie Stefaniuk – Genesis Land Development Corp.
- Allison Turcotte – Wolseley Studio
- Candi Beninger – I-XL Building Products Ltd.
- Greg Bodnarchuk – exp Services Inc.
- Angelo Daneluzzi – Lux Windows and Glass Ltd.
- Gerry Desmarais -Lennox Industries (Canada) Ltd.
- Francis Dziuba – Excel Homes
- Brent Ellergodt – Ellergodt Design Inc.
- Glenn Harvey – Homes by Avi (Canada) Inc.
- Rob Brandrick – Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Mark Carrier – Mckee Homes Ltd.
- Steve Critchlow – Baywest Homes LP
- Michael Cundy – Regal Building Materials Ltd.
- Murray Danyluk – Stepper Homes Ltd.
- Jordan Hiller – Davidson Enman Lumber Ltd.
- Jason Huber – Cardel Homes Inc.
- Cody Pryor – City of Calgary, Planning & Development
- Danny Raposo – Astoria Homes Ltd.
- Elsie Sawatzky – Refocus Consulting Inc.
- Julie Seidel – Remington Development Corporation
- Stephen Sheldrake – Pasquini & Associates Consulting Ltd.
- Ps Sidhu – Genesis Land Development Corp.
- Duncan Smaill – Westcreek Developments Ltd
- Howard Tse – Cedarglen Homes
Thank you to our volunteers, BILD Calgary Region is closer to its vision and mandate because of your dedication and hard work.